How Can You Help?
We have so many ways you can help. Here is a short list:
- Volunteer to staff the Education Center during "Open House" hours, currently 10-2 on Wednesdays and every second and fourth Saturday of the month
- Our goal is to have two people for each shift and to open 6 days a week
- Volunteer for one shift a month, weekly, or whatever you are able and would like to do
- Volunteer to help bring the Native Plant Nursery back to a vital and productive condition
- Work with HB Tree Society volunteers growing native milkweed for the Monarch butterflies
- Help propagate drought tolerant and native plants
- Help with weeding and watering
- Handy? There are many fix it jobs to do!
- Volunteer to help coordinate and run the annual Coastal Cleanup on the third Saturday of September each year
- Computer wiz?
- Help with setting up educational materials
- Love plants and/or animals?
- Volunteer to use your expertise in leading tours emphasizing your interest
- Write articles for our newsletter
- Volunteer to help develop membership/fundraising and outreach programs
- Volunteer to help develop curriculum for preschool through 5th grade and beyond
- Volunteer to represent us at events with our display materials in tote boxes
- We need to remove telephone poles and level ground for a native/drought tolerant demonstration garden
- Painting structures and maintenance
- We need a meeting spot with a shade structure and tables and benches by the nursery
- Monetary to HBWC
- Sponsor a mobile education cart or backpack
- Become a member of HBWC at various levels
- Great Egret ($10)
- Belding's Savannah Sparrow ($25)
- California Halibut ($50)
- Least Tern ($100)
- Brown Pelican ($250)
- Donate native plants and seeds and succulents for propagating
- Donate office supplies
YES! I would love to help! We will get back to you soon!
HBWC Volunteer Staff