The HBWC hosts monthly community events to assist in the care and maintenance of the marshes, dunes and projects, for example:
- Salt Marsh Bird’s Beak
- Upper Magnolia Marsh
- Talbert Marsh “Living Shoreline”
The events are held on the third Saturday of the month beginning at 9:00 am and concluding at 12:00 noon.
Working with local schools, churches and corporations, the Conservancy has educated our volunteers on:
- preparing soil for planting marsh plants
- learning about native plants for planting and non-native plants for removal
- general marsh maintenance, and
- clean-up of our marshes and dunes.
The Conservancy has also been working with schools to help their students meet their community service hour commitments.
Whether you are an organization, school, church, scouts, club, program or individual, we will work with you to make this a memorable event. No experience or materials are needed.